Wednesday 7 November 2012

WILT (what I'm listening to) #1:

So, my best friend just recommended I listen to 'Imagine Dragons' and when I searched for them on Spotify I was disappointed to see there were only 2 songs there and neither of them were what he recommended (never mind I will not give up on them - they're now on my list of things to search on youtube!) but while I was there I couldn't help but look at a few of the 'related artists' to get an idea of what to expect from them.
On my explorations I fell upon The Answering Machine and I have to say I am in love.

If you like indie pop music you're in for a treat.
I'd say they've got a similar sound to bands like little comets and two door cinema club in the fact that they've got quite an upbeat sound but not too in-your-face happiness so I could easily listen to their music whatever mood I'm in. :)
So far my favourite songs  are 'Obviously Cold' and 'My Little Navy'.
I quite liked 'Its Over! Its Over! Its Over' but every time the singer says 'Oh' I can't help but feel the urge to say 'Whats Occurrin'' - this is hardly criticism of their sound but more a problem with my love of Gavin and Stacey.

Search them and Enjoy!
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :)
If you've got a blog, leave your link and I'll be sure to visit!
x