Wednesday 20 February 2013

geek chic.

I forgot to mention this yesterday, but all through autumn and winter I have been loving wearing shirts (and blouses) under jumpers so that the collar was on show and when I went shopping with my mum yesterday I nearly had a heart attack when I saw millions of jumpers on sale with shirts or blouses underneath!
I wasn't happy to see this because I'm not capable of putting my own blouses underneath my own jumpers but because I means I might not get as many funny looks when I'm wearing the combination! Also, it's good if you want to start trying this look but down have a variety of blouses and/or jumpers it's great because they come together and are no more expensive than buying a jumper and even most blouses alone :) and when I tried one on (which I had to buy) I noticed that on most of them the stitching can be unpicked meaning you can mix and match the blouses and jumpers :) which is super economical!

When I first went into New Look (which is where I bought mine from) I only saw one and impulsively bought it because I think it's great value but later on when I went to another New Look store I saw LOADS more that I wish I'd had instead! (I suppose I can always exercise my overdraft and buy some more...)

So, I've put together a few of the ones I saw on the high street yesterday (hence why there are only products from two shops) for you:

On the ones with patterned blouses I've put a zoomed in shot of the pattern so you can get a better idea, and it's difficult to make out but the bottom two both have white shirts underneath. 

Personally, my favourites are the two top ones from New Look and the one from Next which has a leopard print shirt :). I do like the other one from Next but I'm not entirely sure on the shade of the jumper because I think it looks a bit yellow and that wouldn't really complement my skin tone. I like the bottom right one from  New Look for the fact that it's used a more casual looking jumper but the grey-ish shade of the jumper makes me think it looks a bit school uniform-esque and I think the one on the bottom left (the black jumper and white shirt) is a tad plain and the length of the jumper probably wouldn't be flattering for some body shapes and sizes (i.e. mine!).

None of the above are what I bought because I saw ALL of these afterwards.
 This is the one I got, it's also quite plain but has the benefit that it is interchangeable because it has a short sleeved blouse underneath which is only attached by the shoulders of the jumper by a few stitches which were really easy to unpick. this one was from New Look as I previously stated and was only £22.99 before student discount!

On the topic of collars while I was in New Look I also found a nice dress with a collar on too!
this is only £27.99 as well! there are definitely some good buys in New Look at the moment too!


In fact my favourite section in New Look at the moment is what I think is actually a concession called 'Tokyo Doll' which actually have a load of lovely clothes! These are a few of my favourites:


1)     £24.99 and this actually has white polka dots on. Not only does it come in this denim blue shade, but also in a pale coral colour (no polka dots). 
2)     £24.99 and comes in two lovely colours – mint green (as show above) and a peachy/pink colour. 
3)     £24.99 I really like the pattern of this and the lace on the front, it would definitely look great in summer! 
4)     £22.99 I like this peplum top because of the sheer bottom and the patterned leather top half – I think it’s a really unique alternative to the more boring (but still nice) t-shirt type. 
5)     £29.99 I like the lace collar on this (although it’s a little too spaced out for my liking) but I especially like the mint green shade (it also comes in baby blue)



Enjoy. x



26 comments:

  1. Thanks for checking out my blog :),
    love your blog too!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovee the second dress of the first picture! Lovely post!xxx

    www.electra-violet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the geek chic look, it's lovely.

    I'm sure you had a field day with all the bargains!

    Hope you are well, take care :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have a field day! :)

      Yeah I'm well, hope you are too.
      Thanks for visiting my blog, I love yours. xx

      Delete

Thanks for commenting :)
If you've got a blog, leave your link and I'll be sure to visit!
x