Wednesday 14 November 2012

guided tour.

Hey! :)

So, I haven't posted over the weekend - I work part time so I'm always busy (or sleeping).

Last week I had treatment of the walls in my room at Uni for damp and had to take all of my posters/pictures down and my room felt like a prison cell so this week now I've been able to fix it all, I've decided to give you a guided tour :).

This is the main wall in my room and I've essentially covered it in posters and photos that remind me of home :). so, featured on this wall is (L-R) Wall-E, the arctic monkeys, the big bang theory and 'Where's Wally?' and lots of photos of me and my f&f!
Oh, and the most important bit - my academic year planner which is laminated so I can write on it with a whiteboard marker! I don't know what I'd do without it and it cost less than £1! :)

 So, this is the wall with my notice board on (the only bit that I'm actually allowed to put pictures and stuff on - what a rule breaker!) and I've got a poster of New York, New York (I've actually been there!!!) and just a free a/w fashion one from an ASOS catalogue. but then on my notice board I've just got loads of pictures including a few photos, and just some pictures of my favourite bands (e.g. the black keys, foster the people, the vaccines, little comets, the smiths & arctic monkeys) and then various bits and bobs :).
On the picture above you can see my bed so I though I'd put a more zoomed in photo on too :), it's got my shoe box of my millions of nail varnishes and other bits for my nails (including a nail dryer - which is the best invention ever in my opinion) and lots of magazines because there are ALWAYS out because I'm always using them.
(oh, and my childhood teddys (Sammy) and my new microwavable owl which is SO cute!
So, this is the other part of my room. :)
Here you can see my desk, shelves, shoe rack (yes, I have too many shoes) and one more poster of the big bang theory.

I thought I'd show my shelves in more details because I think it reflects a lot about the necessities when going to Uni haha!
A summary of it's contents are: alcohol and soft drinks, easy cook food like pasta, noodles and rice, make-up, a kettle, ipod docking station, lots of DVD's, a biscuit tin, a fruit bowl (filled with chocolate and sweets!) a years supply of toilet roll (thanks to my mum!), texts books & a piggy bank (to save those all important pennies!)

My favourite bits:

 (L-R) my monkey memory stick, my post-it note dispenser (wow!), my pink sticky tape dispense and 2 ducky rubbers :).

my multicoloured diary and my weekly to do list mouse mat.
my tulip lamp! (I love that it's in a plant pot!) :).

So, that is my room - I have to admit that I love it and plan on filling it more :).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting :)
If you've got a blog, leave your link and I'll be sure to visit!
x